Construction Installer (Temporarily Suspended to COVID-19)
Norseman Structures is an international leader in the design and construction of steel-framed, fabric-covered buildings. Norseman is passionate about providing building solutions that exceed expectations. We offer our customers building solutions that are virtually unlimited, ranging from diverse industrial uses to high-end commercial, military, disaster relief, sports, entertainment and recreational applications. At Norseman, we are problem solvers, leaders, and are proud to say we are reliable. Fiercely Reliable.
The Construction Installer is responsible for assembling and erecting steel trusses to form the interior skeleton of a building and install the appropriate covers of a building. You will be required to use lifts, power tools and safety apparatuses. As a member of the construction erection crew, professional representation is required at all times.
- Understands and adheres to Norseman and its’ Customers’ Safety Requirements at all times.
- Erects structural pre-cast concrete components for buildings, foundations and containment walls
- Assembles and erects pre-fabricated metal structures
- Operates mobile equipment such as elevated work platform and reach forklifts.
- Reads blueprints and specifications to lay out work
- Unloads and positions steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Signals crane operator to position steel units according to blueprints
- Aligns and bolts steel units in place
- Lays out foundation and/or anchor bolts
- Dismantles structures and equipment as required
- Participates as an integral member of the team and contributes towards the success of the Company by performing other related duties as required.
- High School diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Construction industry
- Equipment operation – boom lifts, AWPs, etc.
- Safety training required – working at heights, fall arrest, WHIMS, first aid, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints and installation instructions
- Experience in the steel framed, fabric covered building industry is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driver’s abstract are required
- Flexibility to travel and work on rotation
This is primarily a job-site based position ranging from relatively short (3-5 days) to extended durations of up to a year in length. Work hours will be based on customer site requirements with most sites operating 10 to 12 hour days, 7 days per week. Must be able to travel and be on site for extended periods (up to 3 weeks at a time). Most work is outdoors often at heights and may be physically demanding.
Please submit your resume with cover letter and references to: email@example.com
Norseman Structures is an equal opportunity employer and we embrace diversity. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.