Human Resources Manager
VP Finance & Corporate Services
The Human Resources Manager is a generalist role, requiring the individual to provide a full complement of human resources services in Norseman Structures and ensuring corporate policies and procedures are adopted. The successful incumbent will promote a positive company culture by facilitating two-way feedback and communication between employees and management while providing HR services in the Saskatoon facility.
- Monitors and manages an effective performance management system
- Coaches, supports, mentors and recommends solutions to business leaders in the application of HR policies and practices; providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues to minimize risk.
- Participates in full cycle recruitment for all employees in conjunction with the management team.
- Collaborate in building organizational excellence through a focus on talent identification and staff development, coaching others on how to engage and retain key talent and identify retention risks.
- Track, analyze and provide reports on turnover, overtime, LOA’s, headcount, government reporting etc.
- Conduct thorough and objective workplace investigations, document results, recommend corrective action, and ensure appropriate follow-up with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels.
- Monitor and keep abreast of legislative changes (ie: CRA, HRSDC, Employment Standards, Workers’ Compensation, Human Rights, Privacy legislation, etc.) to ensure compliance throughout all HR functions in order to limit liability of the company and protect the interests of employees.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to develop, implement, and update company policies and procedures to ensure alignment with company vision and provincial/federal legislation.
- Apply for and secure work permits from provincial or federal agencies when necessary.
- Collaborate with business leaders to provide a complete range of human resources consultative services to achieve corporate goals.
- Identify organizational issues and make recommendations to resolve HR-related matters.
- Liaise with various government agencies including Service Canada, Employment Standards boards, Human Rights commissions, CRA, etc.
- Create, maintain, and update all payroll- and HR-related documents and forms.
- Execute new HR initiatives as required, based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related discipline, plus 5 years of experience in an HR generalist role; or an HR diploma plus 8 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing or construction environment
- CPHR designation, or working toward completion is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of several HR-related areas, such as Employment Standards, Human Rights, Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management, Performance Management, Adult Learning, Occupational Health & Safety, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing and maintaining a high quality of HR services
- Effective business writing, verbal communication, and active listening skills
Interested? Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com