The Quality/Compliance Specialist job is a technical position within the department; which focuses on identifying customer non-standard quality requirements, developing custom programs to meet those needs, and working with the internal staff and subcontractors to ensure the quality plans are executed as approved by the customer. Document control, auditing, and continuous improvement round out your key responsibilities.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Analytical Thinking
- Continuous Learning
- Developing Others
- Influencing Others
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Ability to function under pressure
- Custom QA/QC Project Program
- Evaluates client proposals to identify non-standard requirements, and then develops an appropriate QA/QC program. Identifies any associated costs or exceptions required to be successful and profitable. Develops and provides proposal submission documents, as required.
- Evaluates awarded orders to finalize project QA/QC document listing of standard and non-standard requirements, for all phases of the project.
- Acts as the Quality liaison between the client and the project team.
- Construction QA/QC Project Program
- Trains install crew leads in project site QA/QC program responsibilities
- Conducts project site QC monitoring and coaching of install crew leads, as required
- Reviews project site QC records and maintains required stats
- Takes the lead in ensuring project nonconformance incidents are documented. Works with Construction Manager to bring about resolution and documents the resulting corrective action.
- Continuous Improvement (CI)
- Facilitate monthly Quality Council meetings
- Work with management and users to establish and maintain a nonconformance program for Construction
- Introduce CI tools such as Root Cause Mapping, and Management of Change
- Maintain administration of the CI records and logs. Train users as required to maintain an effective program.
- Document Control Program
- Works with leadership and users to ensure document and record control requirements are met.
- Ensures maintenance of Q-Pulse software administration, user training, and help desk activities.
- Participates in vendor quality assessments and approval processes, including facility visits where required.
- Assists with the creation and updating of quality manuals and other documents, as required.
- Assists with internal quality auditing program, including providing auditing services.
- Reports directly to the Quality/Compliance Manager
- Interfaces directly with other team members including:
- Proposal Group
- Engineers and Detailers
- Manufacturing Leadership and personnel
- Senior Purchaser and Contracts Administrator
- Construction Leadership and personnel
- External Contacts
- Customer (Project Quality related)
- Vendor (Project Quality related)
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in commerce, engineering or other technologically related education. Or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience that’s deemed relevant
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 is an asset
- Quality Auditor Certificate and experience in conducting internal quality audits is required
- Experience and or training in the construction industry is an asset
- Experience and or training in Project Management is an asset
- Experience with proposal reviews and contract reviews is an asset
- Experience with Continuous Improvement programs is an asset (NCR, root cause, CAR, risk assessment)
- Minimum of 2 years leadership experience
- Minimum of 4 years quality programs
- Experience influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outward drive, enthusiasm and tenacity
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform under time sensitive deadlines
- This is an office position located in the Saskatoon Norseman Structures facility.
- This is a salaried position with a normal 40 hour work-week.
- Office setting, Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm; occasional overtime and travel may be required.