Hanley, SK & Brandon, MB
Hanley: 160'w x 592'l and 50'w x 96'l
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) wanted to expand their support of their 120 Co-op Agro Centre retail locations across Western Canada by providing a full range of agriculture offerings that included fertilizer. In 2016, FCL established a fertilizer department to centrally procure and source fertilizer inputs and start their journey into a new line of business.
Working with FCL and EMW Industrial (the main contractor for the project), Norseman Structures designed two state-of-the-art, high throughput fertilizer terminals in Western Canada - one in Hanley, SK and one in Brandon, MB. The buildings are designed to warehouse, blend, and load out a full suite of crop nutrient products. The Hanley terminal can store up to 45,000 tonnes of fertilizer while the Brandon terminal can hold 27,500 tonnes.
• Wide-flange epoxy coated steel framework for superior protection from the corrosive nature of the products
• A 40’ wide alleyway for easy access from product storage to the blending system
• The structural design and epoxy coating allow for a 25-year warranty on the steel framework
• Five concrete containment areas allow for seperate storage of products
• A high capacity conveyor system attached to the steel framework for moving products into the building
• An expansion joint was incorporated into the design to allow for building expansion and contraction due to temperature effects
Both terminals are able to load a Super B trailer of blended fertilizer in 10 minutes and dispense up to 400 tonnes of fertilizer in an hour. Each terminal has rail access that allows them to efficiently receive product from domestic and international suppliers.
We are fiercely committed to being a reliable partner, employer and corporate citizen.